The Ins and Outs
When developing Hublished, our mission was to build an experience that was powerful and familiar for users. Using cues from other social networking sites, we aimed to design an intuitive interface with a splash of our unique flavor. Here are some terms you’ll want to familiarize yourself with:
- Hub: All content on Hublished is organized into “hubs.” Each brand has a hub of all the content they upload to Hublished. Each professional has a hub of all the content they’ve subscribed to or engaged on Hublished.
- Stage: A brand’s profile and hub on Hublished are collectively called that brand’s “stage.” If you think of Hublished like a virtual convention that is always on, the “stage” is a brand’s podium where they can customize their presence and share their insights and expertise in the form of upcoming and recorded webinars and whitepapers.
- Publisher: On Hublished, brands that create and share content are called “publishers.” We’ll use the term “publisher” interchangeably with “brand.”
- eBooks/whitepapers: When we say “eBook,” we aren’t referring to a digital copy of a novel! In marketing, eBooks and whitepapers are short documents that combine text, graphs, and illustrations to educate a reader about a very specific topic. We use the terms interchangeably throughout the site.
- Getting your profile set up
- If you register with LinkedIn, most of your profile information will be updated on Hublished immediately. But there’s still a bit more you can add to get the most out of the site. Click edit profile and make sure all the fields are filled out and accurate. You’ll definitely want to sync your Twitter account to Hublished – we’ll tell you why in just a bit!
- Discovering webinars and whitepapers
- There are three ways to discover expert content on Hublished. The first way is via searching. Make sure the search parameter is set to Content+ before searching by topic or title.
- The second way is by checking what’s trending or recently added to Hublished. You can find content this way through the module just under your profile.
- The third way to discover content is by checking your network tab, located to the right of your profile. This feed displays content that other professionals in your Hublished network are watching and commenting on. We determine they’re in your network because you’ve watched similar content to them in the past!
- Storing and accessing content
- Get this – you no longer have to deal with your inbox being spammed with links to upcoming and recorded webinars, whitepapers, and blog posts! On Hublished, all the content you sign up for or are subscribed to shows up in a simple, organized Hub.
- You can toggle your notifications settings under account settings. All notifications you receive on the site can be accessed from your notifications page.
- Remember when we told you earlier to sync your Twitter account on Hublished from your edit profile page? This is why: on Hublished, brands can associate a hashtag with any webinar or whitepaper. Alongside the content page will be a discussion powered by Twitter. This is the best way to be introduced and connected with other professionals interested in the same industries. Soon you’ll have the ability to connect with these users right here on Hublished!
- Brand stages
- All content on Hublished must be uploaded by the brands that created it. It is then stored on those brand “stages” in their “hubs.” To ensure you’re introduced to a steady stream of content, start by subscribing to brands you’ve happily engaged with. You can do so on their stage. If you want to share content on Hublished, continue to the next section.
- Getting your stage set up
- If you represent a brand and would like to share insights in the form of content on Hublished, you’ll need to create a publisher. After filling out the form to create a publisher, you’ll be redirected to your brand page, also known as your stage. You can manage more than one publisher, and toggle between them on your orange navigation bar near the top of the page. Clicking any of your publishers will bring you to their stage.
You can edit your stage by clicking the orange edit stage button under your logo. One of the features you’ll certainly want to make use of is the stage picture. You can set a widescreen image that links to anywhere you’d like – feel free to promote a specific piece of content or promotion and link it to the necessary landing page.
- Admin toolbar
- Your admin toolbar near the top of your page is your control center for your publisher when in that publisher’s mode. From it you can access and edit your stage, create and access content, navigate to your analytics suite, and access your admin settings. Familiarize yourself with your admin toolbar before anything else.
- Managing users
- Just like a single user on Hublished can manage multiple publishers, so too a publisher can be managed by multiple users. Navigate to your admin settings page to add, update, or remove user roles. Administrators can manage roles while managers can only manage content.
- Content management
- You can manage all your publisher’s webinars and eBooks from your content management page. The first thing to understand about content management on Hublished is that the website is prepared to handle the entire webinar lifecycle. This means that while you can add an upcoming webinar and a recorded webinar to Hublished by toggling on the create webinar page, you should not upload a recorded webinar for a webinar you once promoted on Hublished before it went live. Instead, navigate to your content management page which will intelligently recognize when your live webinar has finished and prompt you to upload the recorded version. The site will automatically notify all registrants that a recorded version of the webinar has been uploaded, and add the webinar to all of their hubs. If you have a recorded webinar you never promoted before it was live on Hublished, go ahead and simply upload it as a recorded webinar.
- On your publisher’s analytics page, you can view analytics for your stage, webinars, and eBooks in aggregate as well as for your individual webinars and eBooks. The top module displays aggregate data about professionals who viewed your stage and clicked on your stage picture, registered for and watched your webinars, and viewed your eBook. You can export a spreadsheet of all this data and import it into any CRM software. The bottom module breaks down data about individual webinars and eBooks so you can track particular content initiatives. You can also export a spreadsheet for analytics related to each piece of content.
- Explore content to establish influence
- The best way to get your opinion on content in front of more professionals is to watch and comment on more content! We value power users and promote their feedback on Hublished. Also, the more content you watch on Hublished, the more content we’ll be able to recommend to you.
- Rate content
- We can better recommend content to you if you rate the content you’ve viewed in the past. On every piece of content is a module that asks you if you’d recommend or not recommend that content. If you answer this question, we can better understand your preferences.
- Leverage social media
- Discussions around hashtags are the best way to promote content on Hublished. Make sure to get all your employees, customers, and influencers in on the discussion.
- Record webinars and upload them after your webinar has finished
- Reports show that a substantial portion of leads are actually generated from recorded webinars. Don’t forget to engage the people who may have missed out on the live version of the webinar. Always record and upload webinars!
- Focus on your stage picture
- Your stage picture is the best opportunity for branding on Hublished. Make it attractive and relevant, and have it link to a powerful landing page. Leads are only so useful if you can’t convert them into customers!
Hublished is in beta, meaning that we understand that some of the features we’ve released are limited. We are constantly updating Hublished with new features in order to keep up with demand. Please use the feedback tab once logged in to suggest new features – we actively read user feedback before designing the future of Hublished. Here are just a few updates we’ll have in the next few months:
- Social media sharing: Quickly and easily share content on Hublished on other social media channels.
- Hashtags for eBooks: Facilitate a discussion on Twitter alongside eBooks just like you can on webinars on Hublished.
- Tutorials: We’ll be introducing interactive tutorials on Hublished to help users navigate throughout the site.
- Google calendar integration: Easily add upcoming webinars you’re registered for to your Google calendar.