Hublished enables people all over the world to search for and share webinars and eBooks (“Content”). On Hublished, there are two different categories of users who interact with Content in different ways. Industry professionals who browse for, register for, and comment on Content are called “Peers.” Peers may have a user account registered with Hublished or may be unregistered visitors to Hublished. Organizations and brands that create, share, and promote Content are called “Publishers.” We provide this service through our websites and domains, and the software available on or through our websites and domains or otherwise provided by us (the “Services”).
Our policy overview
Maintaining your trust is our top priority, so we adhere to the following principles to protect your privacy.
- We protect your Personal Data and will only provide it to third parties: (i) with your consent, (ii) where it is necessary to carry out your instructions, (iii) as reasonably necessary in order to provide Hublished features, functionality, and services to you, (iv) as we reasonably believe is permitted by law or regulation, or (v) as necessary to enforce our User Agreement to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hublished, its Members, and the public.
- We have implemented appropriate security safeguards designed to protect your information in accordance with industry standards.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information we collect:
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
- 1. Personal Data:
- Unregistered Peers: We collect Personal Data from you only when you register for access to Content on Hublished. The Personal Data we may collect includes your name and email address. Unregistered users have limited access to features on Hublished, but provide the least Personal Data in exchange for usage of the Services.
- Registered Peers: We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information to the Services, such as when you register for access to the Services, register for Content, engage Publishers in any way on the Services, contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys, or use certain parts of the Services. We also collect Personal Data when you use the Services, in order to be able to improve our feature set and customization to your interests and habits. The Personal Data we may collect includes without limitations your name, geographic location, email address, industry, occupation, interests, navigation behavior, associations, and other personally identifiable information. Often, to attend a live webinar, you will be prompted to migrate away from Hublished to a third-party webinar vendor. In such a case, you may be prompted for additional personal information before entering their live event. We do not collect that data and do not take any responsibility for the information you choose to give them when leaving our Service.
- Publishers: We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information to the Services, such as when you register for access to the Services as a Publisher, contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys, or use certain Services. The Personal Data we may collect includes without limitation your organization’s name, user managers, email addresses, geographic location, Content and data descriptions and behavior, and other personal identifiable information.
- 2. Non-Personal Data:
- Non-Identifiable Data: The Non-Personal Data we collect includes without limitation Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, Internet browser type, other characteristics of your device and software, domain names of your Internet Service Provider, your approximate geographic location, a record of your usage of the Services, the time of your usage and aggregated Personal Data that cannot be used to specifically identify you. We also collect Non-Personal Data (including, without limitation, of the type set forth above) from third parties. The information we collect from third parties may be combined with the information we collect.
- Cookies and Other Session Identifiers: In operating the Services, we use a technology called “cookies.” A cookie is a piece of information that is placed on your browser when you access the Services. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the Services and help us analyze Service usage more accurately. For instance, our Services may set a cookie on your browser that allows you to access the Services without needing to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit. These cookies may be used to tailor content you see on the Services as well as other Internet sites that you may visit in the future. Cookies may be session cookies (i.e., last only for one browser session) or persistent cookies (i.e., continue in your browser until they are deleted or expire). Through your web browser’s option settings you may be able (i) to receive notifications when you are receiving new cookies, (ii) to disable cookies or (iii) to delete cookies. Please refer to your web browser’s help section for information on how to do this. We recommend that you leave cookies turned on because they allow you to take advantage of some of the features of the Services. In addition to the types of cookies described above, we use local shared objects, also known as “Flash cookies,” and HTML 5 Local Storage for various purposes, including for fraud prevention and to display content (both on and off the Services) based upon what you view on the Services. Local shared objects and HTML 5 Local Storage are different from cookies described above. Cookie management tools provided by your browser may not remove local shared objects or HTML 5 Local Storage.
Our use of information that we collect:
When you interact with us through the Services, we may utilize your Personal Data and Non-Personal Data and, at times, share it with other parties, as further described below:
- 1. Personal Data.
- We are not in the business of selling your Personal Data. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. Therefore, we will not sell your Personal Data to third parties, including third party advertisers. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may disclose, transfer or share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: We, like many businesses, sometimes engage other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, fraud prevention, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we engage another company to perform such functions, we may provide them with information, including Personal Data, in connection with their performance of such functions.
- Peers: When you make use of the Services, such as when you watch, register, download, organize, or tweet about Content, other Peers may be able to see your activity. We provide Peers with this information to enhance the Hublished community and better recommend Content in which you will be interested.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law (including, without limitation responding to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, court or government agency) or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (i) to comply with a legal obligation, (ii) to protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of third parties, (iii) to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services, (iv) to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (v) to protect against legal liability.
- 2. Non-Personal Data:
- Because Non-Personal Data cannot be used to personally identify you, we may disclose, transfer or share Non-Personal Data for any lawful purpose.
You have several choices available when it comes to your Personal Data:
- Limit the Personal Data You Provide: You can use the Services as an Unregistered Peer thereby limiting the Personal Data you provide. You may also leave blank some of the profile options as a Registered Peer. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data or limit the Personal Data you provide, you may not be able to use certain functionality of the Services.
- Opt Out: You can “opt out” of sharing some Personal Data with Publishers and Peers. Using your privacy settings, you can keep your Hub private (meaning that no one else can see the Content you’ve viewed), disable introductions (so no one can connect and follow your activity) and remove your account from search (so that no one can find you in search results). Using your account settings, you may also opt in and out of certain types and frequency of communications.
Links to other web sites
Storage and security
We may store Personal Data itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by our affiliates, agents or service providers. We take what we believe to be reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data via the Internet.
International privacy laws
Other terms and conditions
Your access to and use of the Services is subject to the Terms of Service.
Retention and deletion
We may retain your Personal Data as long as you continue to use the Services. You may close your account by contacting us. However, we may retain Personal Data and Non-Personal Data for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws. Even if we delete your Personal Data it may persist on backup or archival media and other information systems.
You may contact us at any time using any one of numerous channels. The feedback module on every page on the website is the easiest way to communicate with us, but you may also tweet @Hublished!